Monday, 24 June 2013

A library romance, or not!


So I didn’t get out for a run today.  The time just got away from me. It happens.

 

 I did however make the most amazing avocado cake following a recipe from joythebaker. I halved the amounts because I didn’t want such a big cake, so I just made mine single layered. I loved the avocados in the cake it made it so rich and moist but I wasn’t so sold on the avocado icing, though that could have been because I ran out of powdered sugar and had to improvise. But honestly, I cannot oversell the amazingness of this cake!

 

So in lieu of a running story where I’m terrorised by judgemental livestock, I thought I’d share a story about what happened to me last week. I should probably preface this by saying I am NEVER hit on (or at least not that I notice). Anyway, I’d been down at uni for 3 weeks. And I have a favourite spot to work in the library, with the hot weather its lovely and cool and generally nice and quiet. Any way last Tuesday I was making my normal quiet entrance. Ok so it wasn’t quiet I had my handbag, laptop bag and a huge bag for life filled with journal articles. As I was entering the stairwell to go down to my spot the zipper on the front pocket on my laptop bag burst and out flies a bunch of blank DVDs (I’m all about the back-ups), fortunately there was a nice guy in the hallway who helped me gather them all up> then he turned to go down the steps (instead of up like most people), and I made a comment about how i wasn’t stalking him and he said I know you’re going down to the reports.

 

I get down and settle into my favourite spot (the last desk in the row, next to the far wall), only to discover he’s in the desk next to me. I didn’t think anything of it and got set up for work (i.e I started reading all my favourite blogs). Anyway he interrupted me a couple of times to ask me inane questions, was I familiar with these turbine equations (no!) could he borrow a pencil ect ect. I just figured he was being friendly. Anyway by 7pm we were the only 2 people left in our section in the library and he struck up a conversation by this point I was fairly sure I was being hit on (mainly because he asked if I was seeing anyone!). Anyway he asked for my number and i figured there was no harm in giving it to him. Jumping forward, the next day he once again settles into the desk adjacent to mine and tried to initiate conversation but I was being super productive so wasn’t very responsive. I think I must have blown it, because I haven’t heard a peep out of him since and on Thursday I returned home :s

 

So am I alone in being this clueless/awkward in interactions with guys, or are you lot just as bad? I’m great with them as friends but as soon as I know they’re interested I lose the plot and act like a crazy person! Any tips or pearls of wisdom for me? Oh well I live in hope that the right man will find this behaviour endearing!

 

Toodlepip!

No comments:

Post a Comment