Sunday, 23 June 2013

Judgemental bovines and bank holiday karma

Hellooooooo,

I feel I should apologise for my radio silence the past few days. The previous blog design was so ugly I found it offensive every time I looked at it! And because my ICT skills are limited to word and a few niche statistical programmes, I didn't have the know-how to create the blog template of my dreams. But after a few hours of quality time with google I was able to change it, so it wasn't quite so offensively ugly. It's no work of art but it is miles better, or at least I think so, and as at this point I'm the only person who reads it it's my opinion which matters!

Anyho, moving on. As previously mentioned I've been working my way through the C25K programme. It's been slow going, some weeks I have to repeat a few sessions or even the whole week, but I finally made it to the end of week 6 a 22 minute jog. When I attempted to do it on Thursday I really struggled with it, I even had to stop and walk (for under a minute, but still) any way runkeeper then informed me my av pace was an 11.07 min/mile. Which is OK.


So Saturday morning bright and early (well 10am) I set out to try and tackle those 22 minutes again. When I tried it on Thursday I was still down at Uni, and was running on a mix of dirt trail and mown grass, now I’m back at home I’m back to running through fields and it is MUCH harder. I encountered some cows, as a general rule I don’t like cows, they judge me as I’m running past, they just stand and stare and I can practically hear them going “run faster fatty”(I may have problems). Anyway, asides from the judgement, I don’t mind them usually, but a few of them were up on the river bank (which is what the footpath follows) I’m not sure who was more skittish as I was trying to get around them, them or me! Also there may or may not have been a few dicey moments with unexpected muddy patches! But overall it was a good run, I really enjoyed it and felt good (read: I didn’t want to die) but then the annoying runkeeper lady told me I only maintained a 11:27 min/mile! How can that be!?! Oh well, I’m blaming it on the different terrain.


In other news the four weeks down at uni were a bit of a bust on the weightloss front. I started weighing myself on my lovely friends scales, but they are slightly different (only weighing in kg). So anyway when I left I thought I’d lost 4lbs. Well yesterday when I weighed myself again I was up! Turns out bank holiday weekend I must have put on ALOT weight with all that fun! The 4lbs I lost was actually the 4/5lbs I’d put on. Sad times. Sadly this means I won’t be reaching my mini goal of over 30lbs lost by the end of the month (and co-incidentally my friends wedding). Which is sad, and a little disappointing but I have to remember it’s not the end of the world I’m still 23lbs down and that’s what I need to focus on.



My goodness that was a long post, talk to you soon,

Toodles


No comments:

Post a Comment