Monday, 29 July 2013

Apparently I'm a teenager


I HATE the dentist. I know everyone does but it needed to be said. Apparently i have the teeth of a teenager, and she can tell I have a sugar addiction. SO there are fillings in my future. On the plus side, it has giving me the kick up the back-side to do something about it (it being my sugar problem). I manage to work an awful lot of sugar into my daily points allowance. So I’m going to cut out all the treats, and sugar on my fruit ect ect, and apparently I should avoid my morning fruit smoothie? Does anyone have any other tips or pointers for me?

 Anyway I wanted to share one of my very favourite recipies. It started off life as a weightwatchers recipe serves 2 (11pp) but has become seriously modified, whilst maintaining the same points value!

150g whole wheat spaghetti
1 cal cooking spray
Generous pinch of chilli flakes
1 small red onion
1 small onion
1tsp garlic granules (I’m a garlic fiend and normally end up adding alot more!)
Whole bag of fresh spinach
Chestnut mushrooms, (only because they’re my favourite, any type will do, I

usually go overboard and add a whole pack)
250g cherry tomatoes (although often I'll add more, I just LOVE tomatoes)
125g can mackerel in brine  (drained)

Start cooking the pasta, I like to salt the water.
Meanwhile fry off the garlic and chilli, once browned add the onions, then the sliced mushrooms and halved tomatoes. And cook on a high heat until the tomatoes are beinging to disintegrate. Then add in the spinach. Sometimes I like to add a little of the pasta cooking water to all the veg, it helps with cooking the spinach and gives a bit more of a sauce finish. Flake in the mackeral. Lastly stir in a generous amount of basil, I usually end of having to use dried.



(ps. I'm aware this doesn't look like whole wheat pasta, that's because my parents are big babies)
 
It doesn't look prety but it tastes AMAZING!!!
 
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
 
 
In other news I found Jillian's 30 day shred amongst my DVD's the other day. I must have bought it during a prevous attempt to get fit, although I have never actually done it. However, I'm thinking about giving it a real go. What do you guys think, have any of you tried it, is it any good?
 
 
Well i better get going, typing out this recpiee has reminded me it's tea time and I'm hungry!

1 comment:

  1. Of course your pasta looks awesome! What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete