Saturday, 6 July 2013

Back on the wagon again


So I made it our for my run this morning at 9.30, its not really early, but come on, no-one really thought I would get up early on a Saturday did you? Anyway, 9.30 IS early for me on a Saturday morning! But to be honest it probably wasn’t early enough, all the moisture had burnt off the grass by the time I got there and it was HOT!

It was a tough run, a really tough run, I felt like I was really struggling as I was going, which I realise I have been saying a lot lately. And it wasn’t until I was doing my cool down walk it clicked for me. My dad got it into my head that I need to really focus on my time/distance. Which is great and he’s right at some-point I do need to work on that just not yet. But at the moment I need to work on building up my endurance, and I can’t do both at the same time. Because when I’m focused on my speed, yes I go faster but I “burn-out” and have to stop and walk to catch my breath. And although this can result in my overall pace being better, I’m not then running that full 25 minutes. And to me at this point it seems more important to run that time continuously. Or am I wrong on this?

Anyway unless I have a sudden change of heart I’m going to stop listening to run keeper in conjunction with my C25k. I’m going to re-focus on endurance. I’ll worry about speed/distance once I can run for a full 30!

Here is a photo me rocking a delightful beetroot colour after my run this morning!
 

In other news I’m also re-committing to being more intentional with my diet, and tracking everything that I eat. I’ve slipped off the wagon in a big way. With all my gallivanting around, particularly to Uni, I’ve allowed myself to slip back into bad habits. Not tracking everything, allowing myself a few “treats” because they won’t hurt. And they won’t, but only if they are occasional treats tracked and don’t become daily habits that I don’t count! So i need to get my butt back in gear and get back on track!


So there we have it, 2 resolutions for this week, and now it’s out there for all the internet to see I have to stick to it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment