Thursday, 11 July 2013

NSVs

button

Helloooo
 
Super excited to be linking up with the lovely Katie, Ashlee and Lex for NSV’s.
 
This week I actually have a couple I wanted to share. The first involves this picture:

me in my hammock chair (before it tried to kill me)
  
Ok so you can’t really tell in the picture but I’m wearing shorts. Which is in and of itself a big deal. I never wear shorts, I always feel too self-conscious, and I was just wearing them around the house so the only people that saw me in them were my family, but still this is a big del for me. And almost just as exciting these are shorts I haven’t worn since I was 19!

Also I know I’ve been harping on about this all week, and I apologise for bringing it up again but I’m just so excited by it, I ran for 28 minutes straight! I couldn’t even imagine getting to this point when I first started working my through the C25k programme in April. Yes it has taken me a lot longer than “they” said it would but I still got here! Next I should probably try and maintain a pace which is faster that walking?


And since Monday I have tracked everything I’ve eaten, even yesterday’s KFC, yay!


Lately I’ve been really enjoying my running and now that running a full 5K is within sight, I’ve been thinking about what’s next? Originally I was just thinking of stepping up to the 10k training programme. But both Carolyn   and Ashlee are working towards a half marathon and I’ve been thinking maybe I should make that my next big goal. What do you guys think? And the fact that I’m even thinking about this, definitely counts as a NSV!

But what are your NSVs this week. Have you been a tracking star or an exercise fiend? Or have you simply changed your attitude towards your body?

toodles

3 comments:

  1. 28 minutes?! that's amazing!! I totally get the shorts thing too, I NEVER wear them, accept for around the house, and I don't even know the last time I did that!! I am super excited that you are even thinking about a half, I totally think you should do it, and I know you can!! Keep it up lady you are doing awesome and thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you for wearing shorts! I'm glad you felt comfortable wearing them and taking a picture! You are doing awesome! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running 28 minutes is TOTALLY something to brag about (multiple times!!). The first time I ran that long, I immediately texted my dad (he ran a marathon a few years back) because I just had to tell someone who realized what a big victory it was! I'm excited for you and the 5K, and even more excited to see what you decide to do next. You'll have to do a 10K along the way to training for a half marathon, but don't let me sway you ;)

    ReplyDelete