Tuesday, 16 July 2013


Sorry for going off radar for a few days, I’ve been super busy.

On Saturday I had a friend and his family coming to visit so in preparation I spent Friday baking and cooking up a storm, lasagne, salsa, brownies and shortbread. Which completely undermined my commitment to staying on track diet wise this week because I find it impossible to bake without multiple sampling both during (mmmmm cake batter) and of course you have to test the finished product! And then obviously it would be RUDE not to eat them all with everybody else on Saturday, right?

One of the things I made though was actually reasonably healthy, the salsa. My dad is completely obsessed with it, when I last went down to uni for a few weeks I had a text from mum that said “dad says come home, out of salsa”. That was it, no how are you or love you just a demand for salsa!

So here’s the recipe (adapted from channel 4)

·         1 onion
·         2 big tomatoes and a handful of plum tomatoes
·         ¼ cucumber
·         1 red pepper
·         1 avocado
·         Lemon juice
·         Olive oil
·         Salt & pepper


Finely chop all the ingredients and mix with a generous dollop of oil and lemon juice. It really is that easy! I’m not a very accurate cook so I tend to add things until they look /taste right. To that end I probably have a very tomato heavy salsa. Chopping the plum tomatoes is a pain but I think the taste is worth it!
 
I’m up in Scotland at the moment with a friend, staying in my cousin’s house whilst she’s away on holiday, so my friend and I are using it as a cheap get away. We have an exhausting schedule of one tree hill and gossip girl marathons! And I’m afraid i won’t be making many healthy choices whist up here, there are just so many food stuffs that i can only get up here so I plan to indulge in them whilst I can. I plan to keep up with the running and try not and go too crazy but I don't want to feel deprived either.
 
I hope everyone else had a great weekend and I'll check in again later on in the week.
 
toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment