Friday, 30 August 2013

Falling down and getting back up


Hellooooooooo

Its Friday!!!

So I’ve been thinking a lot about my weight loss journey lately. And then I saw this on pintrest:
 
I’ve loved this proverb for years, as someone who frequently (and often inexplicabley) finds themselves in a heap on the floor, as a life philosophy its always appealed. But strangely I’ve never thought to apply it to this journey to health. In the past when I’ve fallen down I’ve viewed it as major failing of my personality, and allowed myself to wallow in shame and self-pity, and just given up. Which is a ridiculous, you can’t be perfect 100% of the time and slip-ups are inevitable. When i face-plant in the middle of the street I don’t agonise over it and hide-myself away, I just dust myself off and carry on, and that’s what I need to when I slip with my healthy eating and exercise.  

Bearing that new philosophy in mind it’s no secret that August hasn’t exactly been a stella month on the weightloss front for me. And looking around the blogosphere I’m not alone in this. However, the absolutely beautiful Heather over at pretty strong medicine has come up with a genius plan to make September different: Sweatember. The premise is simple. You just have to sweat everyday, doesn’t matter what you do, whether its working through a specific plan like 30 day shred or simply doing some form of exercise everyday, as long as it gets your heart rate going and gets you sweating that’s all that matters. And with a weekly link-up to blog about it to give an added incentive/accountability it sounds like a fantastic solution to me and I’m definitely going to be signing up for it, anyone else want to join?

No comments:

Post a Comment