Thursday, 8 August 2013

I'm a terrible blogger!


Its been a while! I seem to spend an awful lot of time apologising for un-intended absences’, sorry about that!  It’s been a very busy week, it was my home church’s convention which means lots and lots of baking, weird eating schedules and running around like a headless chicken getting 101 last minute jobs done. All of which are not good for the number on the scale, so naturally like the mature individual I am, I have avoided the scale this week. I know that sometimes it better to see the damage that’s been caused to help keep yourself accountable but I know with my current attitude a bad number on the scale could just prompt me to give up, so by waiting a week I’m buying a little time to un-do some of the damage.
 
I haven’t been good on the exercise front either. This really isn’t a terribly motivating or positive blog post is it, sorry! I did go for a walk the other day, I followed my normal running route and took some pictures. I am incredibly blessed that I get to live somewhere where sunsets like these are an almost nightly occurrence. Isn’t it just beautiful?

 
I’m not sure whether I’ve mentioned it but my route follows the river bank for about ½ the way. Its all countryside and the bank is actually part of farmer’s fields, which is why I have run-ins with all those cows. I love it. The stiles can be a pain. And the cows are a royal nuicence most days, but its so pretty i think it’s worth it. Also I think its a much better work out. I never run “on-road” but other “trail” routes iIrun (like when I’m at uni) aren’t nearly so hard, I think its the long grass and the un-evenness of the path caused by all the cow divots.


(this is to illustrate just how tall the grass had gotten before it was cut, I honestly don't know how I managed to run through it!)

 
You’d think with view like this I wouldn’t be having such a hard time to motivating myself to drag my butt out the door for a run! Although on the flipp side the local council is supposed to have closed the footpath for flood defence rennovations. I honestly have no idea where I'll go running from now on.

I promise to be a better blogger, honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment