Saturday, 10 August 2013

Impending doooooooooooooooooooom!


Folks, I don’t mean to be melodramatic (who am I kidding, of course I’m being melodramatic), BUT they are closing my running route and I don’t think I can cope. So as you know I haven’t been out exercising in a while. Well on Thursday I decided to break that bad streak and get my butt out the door for a run, YAY. Normally once I reach the river bank I turn west, run up to the bridge, across a couple of fields and then the last leg is down the main road. It’s the perfect route. The majority is off-road and asides from judgemental farm animals I don’t really encounter anyone, which is great because I’m still very self-conscious when running (it’s the boobs, as always the bane of my life). And as I mentioned in the last post, I am so blessed because its such a pretty route, the views are just lovely. However the council are closing the route to do “important” flood bank maintenance, whatever, personally I think preserving my running route is more important but apparently I’m alone in this view. I tell you all this because it means that a) the mature responsible adult I am is throwing a tantrum over it b) I decided to scope out a different run route on Thursday.
 
So instead of turning west when I reached the river I decided to go east!!! I know some of you are dying of shock over this radical difference, but take a few deep breaths and you’ll survive. I wasn’t sure how far along the bank they would be making these renovations so decided to go east and see if I still came across closure notices. Sadly they will be closing this section of the footpath too (sobs silently). Anyway, back to Thursdays run, the path to the east doesn’t follow the river long before it takes you off and back to the main road. Because I have been AWOL for a few weeks I decided to drop back to an earlier week in the C25k training plan, so it was 10 minutes run, 3 min walk and then another 10 minute run. I got to walking section as I rejoined the main road, which was great timing as I got to walk whilst the were loads of cars going past filled with people who could, shock horror, see me!. Slight side note, and probably tmi, I forgot to wear my granny pants and kept getting a wedgie/vpl, does any one else have to run in granny pants for the same reason? Anyway I digress, I knew if I stayed on the main road I would bee home before I’d finished the work out. And as it isn’t looking like I can find alternative trail routes I thought I should see how I coped with running on the road. So I turned off to follow some of the tiny country lanes and loop round the back of the village. I did it but I didn’t like it. Sad times. So I’m just going to mope in my room, perhaps occasionally be-moaning the fact that the universe clearly hates me and wants me to stay fat!

And on that note:

toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment