Friday, 16 August 2013

It's my birthday and I'll blog if I want to


It’s my birthday

So today I’d originally thought would be a great opportunity to have a really thoughtful post, analysing where I am, how I got here and what I’m going to do to make 26 the best year ever! However, and I do promise to do that at some point, because I do think it is something I should share, my brother is home. I hear some of you wondering why this makes a difference, you are clearly blessed enough to not have younger brothers, trust me it makes a difference.
So instead I present you with a list of things my brother has done for my birthday:

1.    Greeted me this morning with the words “you’re old now”, bearing in mind this was the first interaction I had with anyone!
2.    Poured the entire box of cereal into a mixing bowl and then in an un-characteristic display of kindness re-moved some for me to have for breakfast and then emptied 2 pints of milk into his bowl and sauntered off.
3.    Gave me a dead arm “don’t say I never gave you anything”
4.    Opened my Mum’s amazon delivery then handed me the dvd’s claiming they were a birthday present, when I handed them over to Mum, he yelled that I was un-grateful!
5.    Interrupted me working to lob one of my cushions at my head.
6.    During the above mentioned visit he also went round my room turning all my kick-knacks up-side down

All this and it's only lunch time!
My mum assures me the regular beatings, the hiding in my cupboards, the constant verbal abuse is his way of showing he loves me. I love my little brother, and I know he cares but I wish he could find a different way to show he cares, because really I could do without all the bruises!
Does anyone else have family members with unique ways of expressing their love?
Toodles

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! Sounds like you are having an eventful birthday! LOL

    Hope you have a wonderful day (and think of something awesome so you can plan your revenge on him when his birthday comes around!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have two younger brothers (they're 2.5 and 5 years younger than me) so I can definitely relate. Either way, at least you're taking it in stride! Brothers are weird in showing their affection. Happy Birthday lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late Birthday!

    ♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete