Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Weigh in Wednesday

Weigh In Wedneday
 
It’s weigh in Wednesday. I think I’m going to regularly join this link-up. It forces me to actually face the scale, even on the weeks where I’m worried that I’m not going to like what I see. And whilst I didn’t like what I saw, 1lb up, it wasn’t a surprise, still disappointing but not a surprise.
This week has been all over the place for me. It was my birthday on Friday, cue lots of eating. And I hurt my ankle so I haven’t been out running as often as I’d like or I feel I need to in order to lose weight. I think in a perverse way it’s really highlighted a weakness (you know other than the lack of will-power) in that my exercise routine is limited to running. Clearly I need to add in something different. Something I can still do even when I can’t run. I’d love to be the type of person who does yoga, you know the type I mean, but every time I try it we don’t seem to click. So I’m at a loss over what to do, any suggestions? What does everyone else do, bearing in mind I am flat broke so joining a gym is out of the question, so any cheap and fun suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I simply walk everyday and that has helped me loose weight. Also, try fiber one bars for breakfast and crystal light packets in your water. Oh and the best thing... green tea!! Good luck! you can do this!

    Kourtnee @ http://find-the-silverlining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tragically I've never seen Fiber one bars in this country or crystal light, but you're right green tea is definately something I should be incorporating into my diet!

      Delete
  2. Walk when it hurts to run. Drink tons of water. (I'm actually having a 2 week water and walking challenge starting Monday on Facebook if you're interested http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=365709913531929&id=347859731983614.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I'll have to check that out, thanks!

      Delete