Friday, 27 September 2013

Back in the saddle again.....


Eh up folks, how goes thee?

 

I  actually followed through yesterday and I went for a run. Motivation for doing this was greatly helped by new socks, they are soooo soft and felt like they were hugging my feet the entire time!

 

Anyway run re-cap, I dropped back to week 6 (which is sad as I had completed the damn thing) which was a 5 minute jog, 3 min walk, 8 minute jog, 3 min walk, 5 min jog and then cool down. It wasn’t the best run ever, they have actually padlocked the gate to my normal running route which meant I was on the road again, which made me nervous as this is where I did the damage last time. I took it easy, occasionally I felt as though my foot was sore but I made a concerted effort to pay attention to my form (which I suspect running off-road had allowed me to be lazy over). I think I picked the right week to go back to, it wasn’t so hard I wanted to die but not too easy either, hopefully by having to build up my endurance again it allows me to build up my endurance for running on the road too, which is good.

 

But none of that really does justice to just how good it felt to be back out running. It just felt great!

 

And in other news there is a free half-marathon trainer app available now which I downloaded. So far it seems identical to the C25k programme I was following before. I suspect because I’m on the slow side I’ll have to do a few weeks extra training once I finish it before I can really run a marathon but I’m going to go for it!

 

And tomorrow is open weekend at my parents gym so I’m going swimming which I am super excited about, I’ve not been swimming in over a year!

1 comment:

  1. First run back is always the hardest! Sounds like you rocked it though! Have fun tomorrow swimming!

    ReplyDelete