Friday, 20 September 2013

Brain dump friday

So this is just a quick post to reassure you I'm alive, because I know you were beginning to worry that I'd been eaten by an Abzorbaloff (doctor who reference for you freaks that aren't actually unhealthily obsessed and therefore didn't immediately know that).

Today I have no amusing musings on scales nor am I convinced that inanimate objects are out to get me (I mean they are but that's not the point today) instead this is going to be a brain dump. To make it sound like a real thing and not the product of a sugar high lets call it brain dump Friday, that makes it official!

  • I saw Dan the friendly hippy and his lovely wife on Wednesday. Dan and I were undergrads together and he was raised by legitimate hippies, who lived on a double decker bus (still do, but Dan's gone mainstream and lives in a house :( ). Point: they are awesome (one day I may do an entire post about their awesomeness) but they fed me, let me play with their HUMONGOUS rabbit which is sooooo fluffy and then gave me a double bed to crash in for the night (getting to sleep in a double is always exciting).
  • I found and applied for my dream job (thanks Desiree for helping, you rock!). It's in Edinburgh (the best city ever) its near family (otherwise known as free food sources) and its doing something I'm genuinely passionate about (disseminating information to the general public). I'm not sure what my chances are but lots of prayer is bound to help!
  • Asides from a lingering cough which only rears it's ugly head at night I think I'm mostly over my cold, woohoo (does anyone else wish Sabrina would come back, I recently re-watched the entire series, it's still awesome).
  • The above and weeks of rest ankle wise means I think I can start running again which I am stupidly excited about!
  • Things continue to be D-E-L-I-G-H-T-F-U-L with uni :( and am currently stuck in a very horrible limbo, which allows me to nicely sashay (Miranda I do love you)  to my next point:
  • I had lots of sugar at lunch. I blew the diet, it's so far off in the distance that it's no-longer visible in the rear-view mirror. But a uni induced crying jag meant that a ridiculously decadent milkshake was the only solution, it's impossible to be down whilst in the midst of a sugar high!
  • And I'm going to be spending the weekend with my bestie which is like being on a permanent sugar high. She's my person (clearly we are having all the TV references today), she's the one that will do incredibly stupid stuff with me and make it even more awesome (read even stupider, although thanks to her S.O. we no longer do anything that could cause serious bodily harm, which is why we love James).
I hope you have all had a good week, I'll be catching up on my blog reading in the near future, and I hope your weekend is just fandabbydozy!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your job! And yay no more cold!

    I nominated you for a liebster award!
    http://alexipanda.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the luck on landing the job you went after :D

    ReplyDelete