Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Nom Nom Nom


I'm feeling like a lazy blogger today so today I thought I’d share a recipe from slimming world (my parents favourite diet plan, they don’t follow it, they just like the recipes!). This is so scrummy it’s un-true and it’s super easy too!

Campfire stew

8 low fat cumberland sausages
8 slices of lean bacon (for ameerican readers I think you’d recognise it as Canadian bacon or bacon medallions)
1 large onion (finely chopped)
2 tins of baked beans (reduced salt and sugar is always a good move)
2 yellow bell peppers (roughly chopped)
6 tablespoons of tomato puree
Generous dash of paprika
Large pinch of chilli flakes
A little garlic

Brown off the sausages and bacon (until cooked). Add the onions and peppers followed by the paprika, chilli and garlic. Sautee until the peppers and onions have softened, about 8 minutes. Finally add the beans and tomato puree, mix well and bring to boil until hot thoughout.

And that’s it, I recommend serving with mash and broccoli!

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment