Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Weigh in wednesday and GYSTS

Weigh In Wedneday
 
Its weigh in Wednesday, just a quick one this week. I’m either down 0.6 or 2lbs. Let me explain, last Wednesday I’d only put on 0.8, so from then I’m down 0.6. However, I thought that seemed mightily low given the eating bonanza I’d been on so I wasn’t surprised when I weighed in on Friday that I was up 2lbs. Either way I’m quite chuffed!
Moving on, I think I may be in love with my fitness pal. Yesterday, I decided to try it out. I got to eat soooooo much food and stay within the calorie count it suggested (just a quick question, does everyone eat their calories they’ve burnt with exercise?). Anyway after dinner I was still starving (more on that in a bit) and with WW I’d of been up the proverbial creek without a paddle, having already eaten my dailies and weeklies (thanks weekend). However, with MFP I had enough calories left to have a piece of cheesecake (it was amazing and soooo worth the calories). Maybe it’s just a passing phase, maybe the novelty will wear off, its not like there will be  cheesecake everyday, but for now I think I’m in love!
Now how did I have enough calories burnt to eat cheesecake (actually I possibly could have had a smaller slice anyway)? Well I logged it on MFP as aerobics for 45minutes, but actually I did the p90x cardio DVD. I’ve owned the DVDs for years but never done a full workout (I’ve attempted the yoga one lots of times but I’m super unflexible). Oh my goodness, it killed me, and I am so achy today, but in a good way!
Oh and after yesterday’s revelations I stumbled across this awesome thing:
 
And I figured it was very applicable!
So far September rocks!

4 comments:

  1. I found out that I have to have exercise otherwise I go over calories on MFP but I'm still spot on with WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting how different people find different plans isn't it? I have to admit counting all the fruit and veg is taking some getting used to, I'm used to eating them without even thinking!

      Delete
  2. I know a lot of people say to eat back your exercise calories, however, I don't. Or if I do, I don't go into them very much. I usually try to stick between 1250-1450 per day no matter if I exercise or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same as you! WW + half marathon training is leaving me hungry unless I go beyond my 29PP per day. But with MFP I can usually stay within my daily budget (incl. workout calories) without issue! I try not to eat back ALL of my workout calories, but somewhere between 50-75% of them. Fingers crossed changing things up helps you break out of this cycle! :)

    ReplyDelete