Monday, 21 October 2013

Monday catch-up

Eh up!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend?

Mine started off disastrously. Majorly so. I burnt dinner in a big way. I was making the chicken cacciatore, and I added thickener too early (I was attempting to have dinner ready for when my parents came home) and it burnt. The house reeked. Actually I can’t smell at the moment (stupid cold) but I have been reliably informed the house stunk. Whoops! Which meant another takeaway and not eating until nearly 9pm, I get cranky if I’m not fed regularly folks!
Saturday started off very lazy, with me staying in bed for a ridiculously long time to finish my book. I eventually surfaced and went into town to buy new glasses as mine are falling apart, epic fail on that front folks! Anyway whilst in town i visited H&M my very favourite cardigan source as some of my cardis are falling apart and are in desperate need of replacement. Anyway I did get 2 new cardis a grey and a mustard (branching out woo) still in need of a navy. I also got a blouse in a UK 16 which the label informs me is a US 12! Which is exciting!


By the time I got home it was dark so no run for me, which was a blessing in disguise as I think the extra rest time is probably good for me. I hate running with a cold, breathings harder and you can’t blow your nose effectively  whilst moving!
 
My shopping spree inspired me to come home and clear out my wardrobe not just of things that no-longer fit but also stuff I don’t enjoy wearing or don’t think I’ll want to wear again. I came across 4 pairs of jeans all the same size, US 12 UK 16 and 2 of them were too big the other 2 were too small, how does that happen!!!! I ended up getting rid of all of them, even if I could shrink into the remaining 2 they just aren’t my style anymore.

Also can we take a moment to acknowledge the awesomeness of frozen yoghurt. I know its been a thing in the states for a while but its a fairly recent thing in UK supermarkets. For someone who has a real icecream addiction its a life saver, I had what felt like a huge bowl of icecream on Sunday night and it was only 124 calories. Happiness, actual happiness in a bowl.
 
Well I just want to leave you with this photo, there was a torrential downpoor as I was driving home on Saturday and all of a sudden, it dried up and the sun came out. This photo really doesn’t do it justice.
 


Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend, besides the burnt supper! What, no pie?! ;)

    I find H&M really hit and miss here in Canada. I think it's because I am so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in the store. Your outfit in the photo though is super cute! Love the stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, you live in such a beautiful place! Congrats on the new clothes and new sizes!!

    ReplyDelete