Thursday, 24 October 2013

NSV thursday!

button
 
Eh up folks its NSV Thursday, when we celebrate the victories that the scale doesn’t always appreciate.
 
So after re-reading yesterday’s post I’m willing to concede that I may be overly attached to my running shoes. A regular person would be concerned by this, me, I’m making it my NSV. If you had told me 3 years ago (the first time I attempted to get into running) that I would grow to love it and become so attached to a pair of running shoes I would have laughed so hard I would have burnt a gazillion calories! So yeah my attachment to my froggy shoes may be a little weird but I’m OK with that because it just goes to show how much I have changed since I first started down this road of living a healthier life.
 Also I have been tracking like a boss! Tracking is always something I struggle with, as an intrinsically lazy person it seems like alot of effort! But using MFP has really helped, sure when I try out a new recipe and have to log each individual ingredient I want to scream in frustration, but once its recorded as one of my recipes it makes life so much easier!
 
And I may still be obese but I’m definitely noticing changes in my body and the way clothes are fitting which is a nice NSV too.
 

All in all this week has been pretty awesome!
How did everyone else do?
 
P.S tonight I’m off to a fancy pants running shop where they are going to record me jogging on a treadmill and then tell me what shoes to buy. Last time I bought shoes from a fancy pants shop like this they became a very expensive pair of dust collectors as they hurt so much so let’s hope it works out better this time! 

5 comments:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I go through spurts. I've just gotten back into it and now it's freezing out and my asthma says, "no running in the cold." I bought new running shoes about a month ago. I love getting new shoes. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little photo. :)

    These are all amazing NSVs. Best of luck with your shoe fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on tracking!! I've just gotten back to it this week. It helps so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your last weigh in post and being in the new BMI! That is a big victory :D I think it is awesome that you love a pair of shoes so much and that it really does show what a change there is. I hope I will love some running shoes that much some day! (and thanks btw for all the information on the product you talked about on my other post, I am trying to find either the exact brand or something similar nearby so I can try it out!),

    ReplyDelete