Thursday, 30 January 2014

cream crackered!


Oh my goodness I just dropped off the face of the planet there didn’t I? I’m so sorry guys, especially to everyone for their sweet comments last week who I have been painfully slow to reply to, it doesn’t mean I love you any less, Promise!

Its been hectic to say the least. We are staying an hour outside of Aberdeen (which is in the far North of Scotland) in the most idyllic little fishing village you have ever seen, but you’ll have to wait till the weekend for pictures as I’ve generally only seen it in the dark lol. But the house we are staying in is RIGHT on the sea. As in there is the sea wall, my car then the house! It’s SO beautiful in the mornings (even in the rain).

The first day was a mix  of training then driving up here. The second day was miserable because it was cold and rained which meant all the pieces of paper we were writing our surveys on got soggy and we were cold through. But the past 2 days have been much drier (only a little bit of drizzle) and therefore much pleasanter. Yesterday we knocked on around 200 houses each! Which means a lot of walking and a lot of climbing stairs because they are often flats!!!

How are things going diet wise, they got off to a rocky start at the beginning of the week but I made a big batch of chicken and veg pie which means I can just re-heat that when I get home. But snacking has been a bit of an issue, alot of chocolate, although thanks to all the walking even with the snacking I’ve stayed within my calorie allowance according to MFP. Still I would like to try and curb that a bit, or at least replace the chocolate with something healthier!!!!

You should be proud I brought all my running gear with me but I haven’t done it yet and I don’t think I will. With so much walking my IT band occasionally aches at the end of the day and I don’t want to piss it off further by running at the weekends. So I’ve found the JM yoga meltdown on you-tube and I think I’ll give it a go.

Right I am pooped so I’m off to bed I’ll check in at the weekend hopefully with pictures, toodles

 

PS I may be awol but rest assured I’ve still been stalking you all online!

2 comments:

  1. I have missed you Kirsty! That house you're staying out, sounds so quaint and amazing. Your life sounds like an old movie I want to watch all the time. Minus the zombies, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete