Tuesday, 14 January 2014

I have a new favourite place!


Soooooo, Not only have I been a bad blogger lately, I’ve been doing pretty awful with my diet too!

Let me clarify, my meals have been awesome, even if I do say so myself, but my snacking has been out of control! And after consulting the internet (which was terrifying) I decided rest from running was needed. But that doesn’t mean rest from all forms of exercise, which is what I’ve been doing, bad bad bad! Needs to stop!

 

Anyways Saturday some friends introduced me to my new favourite place. Longridge cinema. It doesn’t look like a cinema from the outside:

 

It’s seriously oldschool! You can buy a mug of tea in the foyer to take in with you. The seats are small and cramped together (apart from the back 2 rows which are sofas). And before the movie starts you have to stand for the national anthem! Oh and it still has the oldschool curtains. We went to see Saving Mr Banks, and I don’t k now whether it was a result of the film or wether the Palace is always like that but the atmosphere was great, the whole cinema chucked together and I definitely wasn’t the only person sniffling at the end. It was in short a lovely experience. And I’m fairly certain this would have still been my opinion without the copious amounts of sugar I consumed!


Sunday there was a dedication at church and so there were alot of extra families and sooooo many babies, it left me feeling seriously broody! Sunday evening we tried out the new wetherspoons in Poulton (for some very scrummy food) before going home for chocolate (crispy M&Ms) and the last part of our Men in Black marathon.

Basically what I’m trying to say is I had an awesome weekend!!!


But it would still have been awesome without all the chocolate. I’m really struggling to break my sugar habit again after the holidays!

Right I’m off to squeeze in a run before darkness descends,

 
Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I am a sucker for movie theaters! (I used to work in a couple and also manage some back before I was in the I.T. field)!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Sometimes a break from running can be a good thing! Just listen to your body and try something else new instead of running maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a beautiful little theatre. Seriously, everything in Scotland is picturesque.

    I know what you mean about the sugar addiction. There are chocolate covered almonds sitting on the counter at my house. I'm itching to dump the entire bag in my mouth....

    ReplyDelete