Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Weigh in Wednesday

Weigh In Wednesday


Oh my weigh in Wednesday and no progress to report here. My snacking has been out of control this past week, I am determined to get it under control this week. I have done a meal plan, made soup for my lunches and egg muffins for breakfast, so basically I am all set up for a successful week.


I’m feeling motivated to run lately but my body isn’t agreeing. After some internet research my hip/thigh pain may be Iliptibial Band syndrome. I was going to ignore it (I continue to be mature) but it resurfaced yesterday at around minute 18. Most frustrating! Which means rest booooooo! None of this would have happened if I hadn’t been forced to make the switch to the road! I need to find some exercise I can do without aggravating it. I can’t give up on running completely because some friends and I have found an obstacle race we are seriously thinking about doing. Its 10k but is run by army lads who are there in uniform to assist you with the obstacles, this may or may not be the biggest reason we are considering it!


I’m keeping it short and sweet this week, just checking in for the accountability!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an AWESOME obstacle course. What about just walking for a bit? Walking is just as good as running, just do so at a swift pace?

    (I read your blog, in my head, in a terrible Scottish accent. I love your entries. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major LOLZ at Shannon's comment about reading your blog in a scottish accent. bahahah.

    IT Band issues are pretty common in runners! Were you able to find any stretches to do? If not-- better safe than sorry with making it worse... even if that means nixing running for a few weeks. Hope it feels better soon lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Hope you are on the mend soon! Like the others have said, maybe try some walking and I need to practice what I preach here, but have you thought about yoga? (I haven't done it since last week, I need to get back to it too!) But those stretches can definitely help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snacking should be banished from our vocabulary and the snacks should be banished from our cupboards.

    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete