Thursday, 13 February 2014

NSV Thursday

button
 
2 posts in one day, aren’t you lucky!
My NSV is actually in the post below (the salsa, not the other thing).
I pushed myself outside my comfort zone, did something new even if it was awkward and uncomfortable at times. In the past I would never have done it, partly because I am coordinationly and rhythmically challenged, and partly because before I started this journey to health I would never have had the confidence to do “exercise” in public, let alone with a bunch of strangers! And letting a whole bunch of guys manhandle me because heaven forbid they touch me and feel my rolls of back fat, gasp!
 I think as I continue this journey to health I realise more and more how important this is. Changing can be uncomfortable and awkward at times, but you shouldn’t let that stop you! Challenging yourself to do something outside your comfort zone is how we grow. Sometimes this means trying a new food, like spinach with which I now have an ongoing love affair, other times it means giving dance another chance. The key is to keep trying new things, some will stick some won’t but over time these wee changes add up to big changes, mentally and physically. So I’m not sure if salsa is ever going to be something I love, but that’s not really the point is it?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post and you are so right! Sometimes you do just have to step out of your comfort zone and make those changes!

    I'm new on the Spinach bandwagon too but I love it now!

    ReplyDelete