Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Today I was a walking disaster zone


Today was a bad day. The kind of day where things spiral and spiral and you have to laugh to keep from crying. OK, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but seriously today was a bit pants. To show you what I mean I’m going to walk you through my day incident by incident.

1)    Woke up and realised that the boots I bought yesterday to replace my current boots were hideously un practical. Honestly I have no idea what I was thinking yesterday when I bought them. I’m walking 4-5 hours a day and yet I buy boots (granted leather) but still boots that do not have sole that will survive this much walking (and no walking boots aren’t really suitable, they aren’t really smart enough).

2)    I realised I fogot to make soup last night for my lunch, d’oh!

3)    I dropped my handbag in a puddle on the way to the car.... its now, shall we say soggy?

4)    Realise 30 minutes into the drive to Aberdeen that I’d forgotten my clipboard with all the info about what doors to knock ect.

5)    Forgot that I get horrible motion sickness and tried to read labels and address’s for the morning’s work of putting up posters. Consequently spent the rest of the morning feeling queasy, with my head hanging out the back seat window, I’m fairly certain I resembled this dog:

6)    I dragged my colleagues to the shopping centre at lunch so I could return my boots and purchase new ones. I walk into the boot shop and who should I discover there? The poor lass who was witness to a boot related meltdown (IN ANOTHER STORE!). When I explained why I was there she just looked at me pityingly and said “yeah I didn’t recommend this brand yesterday for that reason” so basically more fool me.

7)    At some point during my boot trying on frenzy the zipper pull on my right boot disappeared so by the time I reached Clarks (a renowned purveyor of the practical shoe) I was having to request the left shoe to try on rather than the right, which got me a few puzzled looks. I sent the lady into the back for ½ a dozen different boots before remembering that Clarks shoes never quite fit me right at the heel and always end up rubbing!

8)    Finally find a pair of boots (not my normal style but I was past the point of caring) and because of said broken zipper I had to get the sales girl to help me pull my old boots off so I could walk out in them.

9)    Upon joining my (very patient)  colleagues in starbucks I managed to knock over 2 chairs with my bags :s

10) We finally make it home and I manage to slice open my thumb drying the grater.

 

Today has been a day!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Actually it NEEDS to be better, because we are going to salsa again and this kinda bad luck could prove lethal there!

2 comments:

  1. What a calamity of errors! I'm sure salsa is going to be most excellent, because there's no way it can get any worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your terrible day, but I hope I can make you feel a little better because I've nominated you for a liebster award! Hooray! http://alexipanda.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award-from-carmarie-beat-of.html

    :D

    ReplyDelete