Thursday, 6 March 2014

bits n'bobs

button
 
Soooooo todays post is going to be a bit of a hodge podge. Firstly its NSV Thursday, and as this wasn’t a good week on the scales it’s important to celebrate them. And well, this week they are a tad.... weird. Firstly, I was in the back seat of a car with 2 other fully grown adults and rather than freaking out about how I was SO FAT AND THEREFORE TAKING UP ALL THE ROOM, instead I was thinking “I can’t believe those bloody boys have left me with so little room”. HUGE mental shift. And honestly they really had left me with the smallest of spots, the moment I opened the door I fell out! The second NSV is weirder.  I accidently ended up with a pair of Maja’s thermal tights (we occasionally pooled our washing). Anyway, it wasn’t until I had them on I realised they weren’t mine. I was so excited. Maja is super duper fit and healthy, and as a result quite slim, and her tights fit, I mean sure tights are stretchy but still!
OK, moving on from my under-garment stealing ways. I was nominated for the Leibster award by 2 different, but both amazing, ladies Shannon and Alexia! However, as we all know I am a fundamentally lazy person, so instead of answering both sets of questions I’ve compiled a mix, 7 questions and 6 random fact (because Shannon’s called for both)!
THERE SHOULD BE A LOGO HERE BUT USE YOUR IMGINATIONS BECAUSE IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME AND I'M TOO TIRED TO CARE
1.    What actor/actress would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
This is a tough one. Kat Dennings is quite possibly the hottest woman alive, and also she has the necessary big boobs, because I don’t feel a movie about me could really miss the pain cause by these appendages and so to accurately capture it they’d also have to be... well endowed in that department. However, Kristen Bell is just so stinking adorable, I wish I could be as awesome as her, sooooo if she could play me maybe I’d get awesome by proxy?
 
2.    What's your pop culture fandom? (i.e. Star Wars, Doctor Who, etc)
Oh my goodness, this is an EVIL question. I mean seriously how is someone supposed to answer this. I grew up on doctor who, I don’t remember a time before star wars was in my life and that’s completely neglecting every other fandom I know and love like LOTR, Star Trek, SG1, Firefly I mean the list goes on. In fact I pass on this question I think it breached my basic human rights to love ALL the fandoms!
3.    Pirates or Ninjas? Why?
This question is poorly phrased. Does it mean who would win in a fight, or who is cooler? And what kind of pirates are we talking, Johny Depp or Neil Ardman, also who is the Ninja in question? Can I have a Pirate who also possesses Ninja skills. I really don’t think you thought this question through properly did you? Fine, Pirates, because pirates are awesome. Actually it has just been pointed out to me by Reg that this is a ridiculous question because clearly dinosaurs trump both.
4.     If you had to choose only one: cat or dog?
We have discussed this.... Dogs because I like unconditional love from my pets not constant appraisal and judgement.
5.    What's your favourite music artist/band?
I like all sorts of music, anything that makes me feel something, even if that feeling is just the over-whelming need to shake my booty. However, I have developed a slight obsession with She & Him and Amy McDonald rocks.
6.    What was your favourite cartoon growing up?
Scooby doo or Pinky and the brain. And then as an adult, sponge bob.
7.    What fictional character do you have the biggest crush on?#
ALL OF THEM. No really, I continuously develop crushes on fictional characters. Henry Tilney from Northanger Abby is probably my longest standing fictional crush. He is the perfect version of every guy I ever fall for.
8. I don’t use a hook when crocheting, just my finger.
9. One of my closest friends used to be a drug dealer.
10. I can ALWAYS whip up something sweet to eat, doesn’t matter what you have in the pantry, as long as there is sugar (and sometimes even this is optional) I can make a scrummy (even if I do say so myself) dessert.
11. I can always navigate to the closest super-market, I have an internal compass that always know the direction to head in. Doesn’t matter whether I am in a city or the countryside. And its a trans-continental skill too, very handy sometimes.
 
I nominate the following (and yes I am being UBER lazy and just posting the links, but it is very late):
And then I got bored/got so tired I lost the will to live/continue. So here’s the deal, if you stumble across this blog and fancy giving these questions a go then I’m nominating you, just let me know so that I can start ­­­­stalking/following you which will make this a legitimate set-up right?
The rules are (though obvs I broke them):
1. Link the blog that nominated you for the award
2. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate who have less than 200 followers
3. Answer the 11 questions (below) given to you
4. Let the people you have nominated know that you have done so
5. You can't nominate the person that nominated you
6. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate to answer
 
I would like you ladies to answer the above questions and include 4 random facts about yourself at the end. I’m really looking forward to reading these!

5 comments:

  1. You remind me SO MUCH of my very best friend. If I had given her the Pirates or Ninjas question, she would have OVERTHOUGHT it, just like you did! Made me laugh and made my like you that much more. :)

    PS, Reginald trumps everything, not dinosaurs in general. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love your answers! And Reginald is so right! Thanks for the nom! One of these days I'll get around to doing this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome NSVs this week! Having a mental change is huge and good for you for not worrying about taking up too much room!

    ReplyDelete