Wednesday, 23 April 2014


So I owe you guys an apology.

I have been so far off the rails recently that I couldn't even see the track anymore. And then I got home, stepped on the scale and reality bit me in the bahooky...... hard. And then I was super embarrassed, and frustrated, and thought I’d just avoid letting you know how bad I’d messed up, fix it in private and then come back here once I’d lost the gain and I could just pretend nothing went wrong.

But then I realised that I was being a HUGE numpty. The whole point of blogging is to be honest, so that you can be held accountable and have the support to get back on track. And then I was reading one of my favourite blogs and she pretty much said the same thing which really cemented my resolve to come clean.

So here it is. 192lbs. Which is 2lbs down from where I weighed in last week, but still 7lbs up from where I was before! Which is very frustrating. But getting back on track has been sooooooo hard. I was eating with abandon before and now I’m paying for it, the cravings are crazy. I’ve always had a sweet tooth but it seems like its a million times worse at the moment, in fact I’m just thinking about food all the time. Does anyone else find this, that after they have been eating poorly for a while when they do get back on track they are left with all these cravings???
Oh well, I have a meal plan for the week, which is always a good place to start. And I need to start re-introducing exercise as well.
BUT, sorry I’m a little bit scatterbrained today, I just wanted to clarify whilst I’m embarrassed and disappointed about the weight gain I’m not depressed because I know what I need to do to shift it. And more importantly I know I can, I’m still down 30lbs, I just need to knuckle down and stop procrastinating (that’s a general life rule for me lol). Which is a good place to be mentally I guess.

Anyway, Part of getting back on track means getting back into the swing of blogging regularly, so you'll be hearing a lot more of my random musings again.


Toodles!

10 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you! Once I allowed myself a day of 'free eating', I was done for. It's now been a week and a half and I hate it. It's just SO hard to get back into the swing of things sometimes.

    We can do it though!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting back on track! I am SO the same way--if I get off track, when I get back on...there are those cravings! Sometimes they never really even go away for me. Sigh. You can do this! !Looking forward to your random musings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone seems to be feeling a touch of this. I know I second everything in this post. Since getting back from Vacation, I haven't been able to knuckle down and do that I need to, to get back to the right frame of mind. Let's do it together. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about accountability--we are not here to judge you--we are here to support you! Don't feel embarrassed to share when you fail--we all fail! But what's important is we pick each other back up and get back on track!! You can do this:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got this girl!!! It kind of creeps me out how much I crave junk food after I get off track for awhile- it's like drugs! Good luck and thanks for sharing- staying healthy is so hard sometimes and it is kind of reassuring to see that I'm not the only one who falls (waayyy) off the wagon sometimes. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have written this post myself. I have been so out of control with my eating lately. I am up about 8 lbs from my lowest recent weight. I just didn't want to do the work of tracking and working out. Now it is time to get back to what works. Thanks for the kick in the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what it is, if it's the Springtime or what but we all seem to be in a funk lately! Hopefully we will all shake out of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to get back on track! It is so hard. I have to work hard to break my all or nothing mentality, but you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are down from last week - that is progress! I have been in a funk too, but it is time to push forward and take advantage of this nice weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great loss from last week! You'll be back in the swing of things in no time...I do the same thing, get off track and lose it for months at a time...then when I come back I am so embarrassed and frustrated that I don't even want to admit what happened. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete