Sunday, 15 June 2014

dear internet.....

dear readers, I haven't in fact died. 

Nor have I fallen off the face of the planet.

I know this may come as a shock given my recent radio silence.

Instead I've been dealing with some stuff.

Mainly the fact that I have probably failed my research degree and it is mostly my own fault.

The surprising thing is, failing it doesn't bother me. In fact in a way its a relief, the whole ordeal is over.

What does bother me is having to TELL people I've failed. I am a people pleaser, and this is definitely not people pleasing news. And also I guess a lot of it is a pride issue.

But all the anxiety associated with this has definitely been leading me astray with my health journey...... not that I have returned to old habits of stress eating, more that it just hasn't been a priority. But now that all this is most likely at an end it can be.

Anyway, I thought you guys deserved an explanation for my disappearing act.

In other news, I have a job interview on tuesday. Which would be an amazing opportunity, prayers and "ninja vibes", would be most appreciated.

in the meantime..... this is a hilarious, and spookily accurate depiction of my life.....


2 comments:

  1. Aww so so sorry, Kirsty! I'll be thinking of you Tuesday though and wishing you tons of luck! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kirsty, I'm so sorry to hear that. Can you redo it? Or do you want to?

    Fingers crossed for your interview.

    ReplyDelete