Monday, 2 June 2014

I apologise in advance for this post

It's my day off.

This post is long over-due.

And I'm procrastinating.

Et Voila, you have the perfect storm for blogging ;) 

So remember last week when I was telling you all about my week in Elgin? Of course you do, because I know you all live and die by my posts. So you'll be excited to hear about the continuation of my adventures. I saved the best for last....... the journey home. I hear you all scoff at that. But bear with me.

The journey back from Elgin down to Stirling (I realise these names mean nothing to you but they provide context, also there is always google) is full of the most stunning scenery.


I tried to get photos of it for you but mostly what I got were blurry photos of hills swooping by. This photo gives you a glimpse (not the fact there is still snow on those hills). However, I don't want you to feel as though you are missing out on something spectacular (even though you are), so I'm going to describe it all to you. Again you can thank me later.

The hills are stunning. Gee, that's not a very good start is it? Let's try again. Perthshire is the most beautiful part of the country. The hills are blanketed by glorious native woodland. At one point there were breaks and all that you could see was a carpet of bluebells, seriously, it took us a while to figure out that's what the blue was!

At another point there was a herd of deer grazing on the hillside. But we aren't talking 10-20. No, this was over 60, maybe more. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a travel writer am I? I really just don't know where to start. In-fact I give-up. You are all just going to have to come over and visit me and then I can just show you. That'll be so much easier!

this was a bit of a fail of a post wasn't it?

Eh, you'll get over it!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you weren't able to get many good pictures! I bet it was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete