Sunday, 1 June 2014

Tatlock's truth June challenge


So it's no secret that I have been sucking at life lately.

I am so behind with my thesis I could cry (and maybe I have, who's to say).

I have received more job rejections than I thought humanly possible.

For a job that is suppossed to be stress free, there has been increasing amounts of stress.

And last, and most relevant to the blog, I have SUCKED at this whole health and weight-loss thing.

In-fact, quite the opposite, I have been stress eating again. it started off so innocently, but it's like a damn has burst and i'm out of control.

But

I have a cunning plan.

I have re-joined weight watchers. It hurt, £25 is not an insignificant amount of money for me, but seeing the seemingly ever increasing number on the scale was hurting a whole lot more. So from tomorrow (June 2nd) I will be having my hand held by the WW conglomeration.

So weight watchers is gonna help with the diet, but what about the rest of it, because it IS a life-style. Well that's where Shannon's fantastic challenge comes in.


For the first time in my life I am failing at water drinking (curses on the lack of public toilet facilities), so I am going to have to make a real effort to do most of my drinking first thing in the morning and at night.

Portion control..... thanks WW mobile app, it'll keep me on the stright and narrow, I hope.

Exercise, I'm altering this one a little, I am walking for 6ish hours straight. But I need to start training for a run again. But I wanna ease myself into it..... so 2x a week I will run. Also I have a stretches book from like the mid 80s. it takes 15mins, I WILL do that everyday.

So there we go. 

Tomorrow we will turn this thing around.

p.s Saturday I put in an application for an AMAZING job, prayers and good vibes would be much appreciated

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent plan! Good luck with the job! (Fingers crossed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Glad you're in to the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete