Wednesday, 8 October 2014

WIW and GMAT part 3


I'm over the moon today's WIW brings me back into the 180s, 188 :D

Secondly its time for the 3rd installment of my "get my act together plan". WIW folks you are not obliged to stay and read through the below, I won't be offended, honest.

Those of you who have been around here for a while know that I've been trying to work out what to do with my life post graduate research (its true and a pun, lol, I'm going to go ahead and assume I'm the only one finding this funny). I'd say that it's a pretty big component of project GMAT. Anyway, after years of fighting the inevitable I have come to the conclusion teaching is the way forward. 

Its something I was obsessed with doing until I got distracted by the world of research, but even then my favourite part of my job has always been educating others. Amazing really it has taken this long for me to realise this was the way forward (that's a polite paraphrase of some of the tings I have heard). 

Originally I was going to get super mushy, and write a very long winded post about how I finally came to the decision and all the things that influenced me on the way. But it seems a bit unneccesary now. Anyway, now it's just a case of figuring out the nittygritty of how exactly to do it. In an ideal world I would get to stay where I am and not accumulate any more debt. But, we'll just have to wait and see.

Why is this appropriate to share on WIW? Is it just because I am exceptionally lazy and can't be bothered coming up with a different post when this one was stuck in my head? Partly. But also because weightloss does not happen in a vacuum. It both is effected by and affects life. And this is a case of the latter, because before embarking on my journey to health I wouldn't have the confidence to make such a big change, or embark on something so challenging. See, relevance!!!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your loss this week!! Woooo! Also, I kept reading ;-) I think that's awesome that you are going to pursue teaching! It's a big decision to come to but if you are passionate about something regardless of all of the other options, you will stick with that one thing. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely - weight loss is so affected by life changes so it is completely relevant :) Good luck on your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weight loss is so contingent on life! You are absolutely right. I'm glad you've come to a decision and I think it's a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep what the other ladies have said! Great loss this week and good luck with teaching! I admire teachers so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the loss and the decision. I totally get the relevance, When you start to lose weight and feel better about yourself, your confidence goes up, which allows you to peruse things that you may not have had the courage to do before. Great job and fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 180s! And good luck with the career change!

    ReplyDelete