Wednesday, 7 January 2015

WIW..... or facing the music


I was very tempted to skip this week. I'm so tired and could have successfully justified it to myself, but Ash's post inspired me to be more honest. 

Weigh In Wednesday

So this morning I weighed in at 185, which is another 1.5lb gain on last week bringing my festive gain to 3lbs, yikes! And it took aaaaaaaaaaaaages to lose those same stinking 3lbs before Christmas!

Oh well. I know exactly what I did wrong (after eight mints I'm looking at you). I need to set up a routine again where making better choices is the simplest/easiest option. Luckily my hours at work have just increased which means I get a lunch break, which should help.

But really what I need to to is get back into the habit of exercising again. 2014 was marked by a lack of deliberate exercise, there was lots of walking with my previous job, but precious little activity outside of that. I'm determined to make 2015 the year that I make a habit of exercising.

Also I need to be better at blogging, I need the accountability and motivation it provides!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you checked in! It's hard to find the motivation to blog and own up to it when we're not so motivated and have gained a bit instead of losing... BUT, I think it's super important. You blogged about it, put it out there, and now you can move on. I know you didn't want to gain those 3 lbs. but you're certainly not alone this time of year! Now you can focus on getting them back off again... I know you'll do it!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know is hard to blog when you don't feel the motivation, but to be honest posts like that resonate me because it is hard. I like to know that those times happen and people keep moving forward. Looking forward to sharing your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the gain. I have been stuck at the same 3 pounds for ages, so I started the 21 Day Fix and I'm SO determined to beat them it's not even funny! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I'm so sorry about that! I'm so glad you checked in though--even if I know I'm not going to be blogging much, I always check in for WIW linkup just to stay accountable. You will get back on track!

    ReplyDelete