Monday, 30 September 2013
Friday, 27 September 2013
Thursday, 26 September 2013
I’ve never really liked my body. Even when I was competitively swimming I felt I was the wrong shape (thanks boobs) and it often got me un-wanted attention (again thanks boobs). Then when I got older and put on weight I felt uncomfortable in my own skin, and even though I’m still bigger than I have been at various points in my adult life, something has changed. Sure I can still look at a photo and feel it makes me look fat (but I think there is somesort of voodoo that occurs when you have your photo taken, great outfits can look hideous in a photo, but I digress). And I can certainly still stand to loose another 40lbs at least, and I want to loose those 40lbs for lots of reasons. But, I’m finally at a place I can appreciate what my body does for me, yesterday someone posted a comment that said “you like your body at the moment.... enjoy it” and I think I finally am. I enjoy what I can do with it, especially running. I like the clothes I can wear with it, hello boyfriend fit jeans. So my NSV is making peace with my body!
However, as the wonderful Desiree pointed out it can be a slippery slope from being comfortable to complacency and then gaining all the weight back. And she is so very right, so i need to stop resting on my laurels and just get on with it. It doesn’t mean I have to start hating my body again but it does mean I can’t stop working on it. Just think of all the other things I could start enjoying if I lost more weight (I so want to be a yoga girl but boobs and back fat are making it super difficult). And if we’re looking really far into the future there are so many cute running shorts I would love to be able to wear.
Wednesday, 25 September 2013
Monday, 23 September 2013
Friday, 20 September 2013
Today I have no amusing musings on scales nor am I convinced that inanimate objects are out to get me (I mean they are but that's not the point today) instead this is going to be a brain dump. To make it sound like a real thing and not the product of a sugar high lets call it brain dump Friday, that makes it official!
- I saw Dan the friendly hippy and his lovely wife on Wednesday. Dan and I were undergrads together and he was raised by legitimate hippies, who lived on a double decker bus (still do, but Dan's gone mainstream and lives in a house :( ). Point: they are awesome (one day I may do an entire post about their awesomeness) but they fed me, let me play with their HUMONGOUS rabbit which is sooooo fluffy and then gave me a double bed to crash in for the night (getting to sleep in a double is always exciting).
- I found and applied for my dream job (thanks Desiree for helping, you rock!). It's in Edinburgh (the best city ever) its near family (otherwise known as free food sources) and its doing something I'm genuinely passionate about (disseminating information to the general public). I'm not sure what my chances are but lots of prayer is bound to help!
- Asides from a lingering cough which only rears it's ugly head at night I think I'm mostly over my cold, woohoo (does anyone else wish Sabrina would come back, I recently re-watched the entire series, it's still awesome).
- The above and weeks of rest ankle wise means I think I can start running again which I am stupidly excited about!
- Things continue to be D-E-L-I-G-H-T-F-U-L with uni :( and am currently stuck in a very horrible limbo, which allows me to nicely sashay (Miranda I do love you) to my next point:
- I had lots of sugar at lunch. I blew the diet, it's so far off in the distance that it's no-longer visible in the rear-view mirror. But a uni induced crying jag meant that a ridiculously decadent milkshake was the only solution, it's impossible to be down whilst in the midst of a sugar high!
- And I'm going to be spending the weekend with my bestie which is like being on a permanent sugar high. She's my person (clearly we are having all the TV references today), she's the one that will do incredibly stupid stuff with me and make it even more awesome (read even stupider, although thanks to her S.O. we no longer do anything that could cause serious bodily harm, which is why we love James).
Wednesday, 18 September 2013
Tuesday, 17 September 2013
1 large onion (finely chopped)
2 tins of baked beans (reduced salt and sugar is always a good move)
2 yellow bell peppers (roughly chopped)
6 tablespoons of tomato puree
Generous dash of paprika
Large pinch of chilli flakes
A little garlic
Monday, 16 September 2013
Thursday, 12 September 2013
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (sometimes I just add more greek yoghurt)
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 egg whites (or another whole egg)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add egg, egg whites, and vanilla
- Mix in flour, cocoa, baking powder and greek yoghurt.
- Stir in choc chips.
- Transfer to greased pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 16 pieces, for best results store in the fridge, that way they are super fudgey.
Wednesday, 11 September 2013
Monday, 9 September 2013
Oh and side note why are sports bras soooooooo expensive, its like they know we can't exercise without them so they abuse this power by charging an arm and a leg!
Right I'm off, my brother decided to punish me for being less than sympathetic over his wipe-out by sharing his cold and I feel seriously rough!
Friday, 6 September 2013
Oh and before I go I just want to publically denounce Carolyn over at Fitnasty for life. She introduced me to the forty days of dating blog through one of her posts and it has taken over my life! Right I've just noticed the final installment is up so I'm off to read that!
Thursday, 5 September 2013
Wednesday, 4 September 2013
Tuesday, 3 September 2013
Monday, 2 September 2013
I had grand plans to kick it off with a bang, but in the end all I ended up doing was hula-hooping for 30minutes, which is still more than I would have done normally so I guess this means its already a success? I notice quite a few other bloggers are making real commitments with September too which is brilliant! What about you guys, anyone doing anything specific for the month of September?